FungeX, for flawless feet
Flawless feet with FungeX
Fungal nail infections are a common problem amongst adults, about 25% of the population suffers from nail fungus, and they can take a long time to treat. Fungal nail infections usually affect your toenails, but you can get them on your fingernails, too. FungeX offers a range of products that are clinically proven to be effective solutions which are fast and easy-to-use in the treatment of nail fungus. The product range is especially developed to deliver visible results quickly.
What is nail fungus?
Nail fungus (Onychomycosis) is a fungal infection of the nail and it is caused by three types of fungi: dermatophytes, yeasts, and non-dermatophyte moulds.
A fungal infection may affect part of the nail, an entire nail, or several nails. Usually a fungal nail infection isn’t painful. But without treatment, over time, it can become increasingly uncomfortable or painful to wear shoes, walk or even stand for long periods.
Symptoms of nail fungus include:
- White spots or streaks on the nail surface
- Yellow discolored fingernail or toenail
- Black fingernail or toenail
- Painful toenail
- Thickening of toenail
- Cracked and brittle nail
How do you get it?
Fungal nail infections develop when your feet are constantly warm and damp. You’re more likely to get an infection if you wear trainers for a long time and have hot, sweaty feet. It can be contagious; the infection can spread to the surrounding nails and skin.
- Fungi prefer dark places; swimming pools, locker rooms, showers
- Chronic diseases, age and injuries increase the chances of developing nail fungus.
- The ageing process causes nails to become less moisturised and cracks to appear.